Tuesday, November 20, 2012

potted plant chocolate puddings


In addition to the Hello Kitty macarons that I made for Cherish's wedding dessert table, I also made chocolate puddings that were topped with oreo crumbs and a mint spring, made to look like a miniature potted plant!  These adorable desserts were the bride's idea, and inspired by ones at Martha Stewart Weddings.


First up was the chocolate pudding itself, for which I used a combination of Guittard semisweet and Ghiradelli bittersweet chocolate chips.  After cooking the pudding on the stove, it turned into a very smooth, decadent, and luxurious chocolate pudding indeed!


While the pudding was still warm, I carefully poured them into little shot glasses, which I then placed on large baking sheets to set in the fridge.


Then the next day (the morning of the wedding), I made my oreo crumbs in the food processor, and then covered the puddings with the freshly ground "dirt".  Finally, I placed a fresh mint sprig in each one, followed by a cute little wooden spoon (which can be found here).



Unfortunately by the time we drove to the wedding venue (which was 3 1/2 hours away), all of the mint sprigs had wilted!  But thanks to my genius hubby, who had bought potted mint plants that morning for "emergency use", we were able to replace all the wilted mint sprigs with freshly picked ones!


And here's the sneak peek at how I set these up on the dessert table!


Stay tuned for the rest of the dessert table goodies!

*** Update: click here to see the Hello Kitty macarons for the dessert table, and here to see the football cookies and tooth cookies!

6 comments:

  1. These are so cute and are a great idea for any occasion. I will remember to get the potted mints close to when I need them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely recreation! :) i hope to do more recipe posts on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ''''''''lovely recreation!''''''

    ReplyDelete