Tuesday, June 14, 2011

earl grey ice cream


Last week I made jasmine tea ice cream, and I liked it so much that I wanted to try it with earl grey tea also.  I know it doesn't look very different from the jasmine ice cream, but I decided to post about it anyway (especially since I just bought these adorable little serving bowls from Anthropologie, and I wanted to use them for the pictures!)


I didn't have any loose leaf earl grey, so I used 5 tea bags instead.  Other than that, I followed all the same steps for infusing the tea and making the custard base.  However, when I was straining the tea from the custard, I pressed a bit too hard with the spatula and ended up breaking a few of the tea bags.  So I ended up with tiny specks of tea leaves in my custard, which were too small to strain out.


But it turned out fine - the specks were too small to really notice, plus it added a nice speckled look to the ice cream!


1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! I love Earl Grey tea so I can only imagine how amazing this ice cream would taste :D

    ReplyDelete